Mobility is a two-way street in the sense that trying to perform with mobility restrictions is like trying to drive with the e-brake on. You just aren’t going to realize your full athletic/strength potential under restrictions. It ain't just ain't happen. Conversely, performing with hypermobility or being mobile in places where you need to be stable is like driving with a dysfunctional brake pedal.
Both situations are highly unfortunate and potentially dangerous.
And I want to be make it VERY clear just how important it is to have both an adequate amount of mobility and stability before you embark on an exercise program. As Gray Cook would say, never should you just pile fitness on top of dysfunction.
Remember, proper movement should absolutely be a requisite for exercise. If you can’t move properly, what on earth makes you think that you will ever be able to exercise properly? Certain joints need more stability and certain joints need more mobility.
Of course, no one is perfect, and learning to move better is an ever-ongoing process. That is exactly why we have our SuperHero Development Program
, which, along with all of the other great content that we provide through that program every month, we are now offering monthly mobility routines designed to help you improve your movement, which in turn will inevitably amplify your athletic potential.
This manual is to serve as a starting point and is a reference guide of my personal seven favorite mobility drills that I use on a daily basis. This is by no means an all inclusive list, just a quick compilation of what I believe to be some of the more effective mobility assessment and improvement drills.Please read through the manual and add your own favorite mobility drills and routines in the comments section below. We would love to hear what has worked well for you!Also, we are giving this report away for free as a huge thank you to everyone that takes the time out of their day to visit the Chronicles of Strength.
But you only got a week to access it before it disappears into the dark nebulous void of forgotten eBooks forever!
SuperHero Sneak Peak!
Mid-Air Snatch Transfers
Here's a sneak peak of what's to come in the upcoming issue of our SuperHero Development Program
. If you are not a member of this yet what are you waiting for? It's FREE
for you to try out for an entire month - You've got nothing to lose! Except if you're not a member. Then you're losing.
You can get exclusive access HERE
or through our Physique Transformation Bundle PackageThis complex not only looks pretty slick (You'll be the center of attention and steal the if you can pull this off at your grandmother's next birthday party.
Ask me how I know!), but serves as a fancy little drill to help smooth out your kettlebell snatch. If you've been in the game for a while know then you know the kettlebell snatch involves proper power and proper timing. For a lot of folks, the timing is more of an issue than the power generation. "When do you get your hand through the bell (spear through) so it doesn't beat the piss out of your forearms?" This drill will teach you exactly when that point of "weighlessness" is. For most, it is just above eye level. Enjoy, and post any questions you have below.BTW the dude doing this complex is clearly confused, and probably about more than just the complex...Alternate lunges.
The COS "Swag Bag"
Chris Foehl is a strong dude, and clearly a smart dude since he is a member of our SuperHero Development Program
, and a VIP at the upcoming seminar with Dr. Charlie Weingroff
. :PTo repay him for his kind support we gave him the gift of The Great Destroyer (the gift guaranteed to keep on giving through DOMS dividends). And a Chronicles of Strength "Schwag Bag"
of course.:DWe take care of our own.
If YOU would like your very own COS Swag Bag, you can invest in one below.Inside the Swag Bag you will find:1. The exceptionally rare, highly coveted, and exotic Chronicles of Strength T-Shirt (which can be seen in THIS VIDEO) (a $20 Value)2. A hard copy of our Birth of a Hero eBook ( a $29 Value)3. And maybe one other super secret surprise
!!But you better hurry, because our supply is extremely limited!
Yes Pat! Please Send me a COS Swag Bag!
- Only $29.95 -
The Ultimate How To:
Put on a TON of Muscle
Not Get Fat
and Live Life Like a "God-King" Guide
Can YOU Get BIG with Kettlebells?!?
The answer is undoubtedly yes.
But remember, the kettlebell is simply a tool. What matters is how you utilize that tool, and the truth is that folks just aren't realizing the full potential of double kettlebell training for it's ability to tack on lean, dense, and functional muscle mass. The Prometheus Protocol has outlined exactly everything that you need to do in order to tack on 20lbs or more of rock hard muscle mass in 90 days or less. No more confusion. No BS. Just what works for serious muscle hypertrophy in the least amount of time possible.
You Will Find:
- The 3 most critical errors that folks make when trying to put on muscle mass, how they are drastically hindering your progress, and what you can do to correct them.
- The 5 holy commandments that you MUST follow in order to put on the absolute most amount of clean, dense, functional muscle mass in the least amount of time possible, and with the least amount of effort required.
- The entire Prometheus Protocol training regimen designed to tack 20lbs or more of rock hard muscle mass onto your frame in 90 days or less.
- Exactly how and when to eat in order to put on an outrageous amount of clean muscle mass with minimum fat gain. (NOTE: It is highly probably that you will find this approach quite unconventional, yet ridiculously effective)
Learn How To:
- Utilize the FOUR Weapons of MASS CONSTRUCTION
(The Deadlift, The Double Kettlebell Front Squat, The Weighted Dip, and The Double Kettlebell Clean and Press) to add twenty pounds or more of functional muscle mass in 90 days or less.
- Implement a "tactical fast" in order to stimulate an optimum hormonal response conducive for SERIOUS muscle construction with zero fat gain.
- Truly live the life of a "god-king", because bigger, in this case, is certainly better!
Invest in the Prometheus Protocol Today and
Pay What You Want!
The God-King Bundle Package
Say WHAT?!? How is the "bundle package" less than the "non-bundle-package"? What sort of trickery is this???Behold! The Ultimate God-King Bundle Package for only $1.97. Trickery? Absolutely Not!Rather this is an incentive for all of you to try out our SuperHero Development Program for FREE for the first entire month!
That alone is a super freaking value, yours free of course when you invest in the God-King Bundle Package!If the first month free of the SuperHero Development Program (which you can cancel at ANY time) and the entire Prometheus Protocol aren't enough to have you investing immediately into the God-King Bungle Package, these other FREE bonuses included within the God-King Bundle Package will surely do the trick!
- FREE BONUS #1: Instructional video report series explaining the Prometheus Protocol, the Bare Minimum Principle, the Ninety Day Prometheus Protocol Challenge, and the five Holy Commandments that you must follow in order to tack on the most amount of muscle mass possible!
- FREE Bonus #2: Our Metabolic Reset Accountability Journal (a $14.95 value) in order for you to log everything you that put into your mouth to ensure that you consume an adequate amount of calories to put on the maximum amount of muscle mass. Remember "what get's measured, gets managed".
- Free Bonus #3: A Chance to win your very own, highly valued, exceptionally rare, Chronicles of Strength T-Shirt! (We will select 5 winners at random to receive this incredibly esteemed and priceless garment.) - For a glimpse, you can catch me wearing the Chronicles T-Shirt HERE
YES, Pat, I want to invest in the
God-King Bundle Package Today!
GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!
The Prometheus Protocol
- The entire Prometheus Protocol eBook laying out exactly what you need to do in order to tack on 20lbs or more of functional muscle mass in 90 days or less.
- Instructional video report series explaining the Prometheus Protocol, the Bare Minimum Principle, the Ninety Day Prometheus Protocol Challenge, and the five Holy Commandments that you must follow in order to tack on the most amount of muscle mass possible!
YES! Give me the Prometheus Protocol RIGHT NOW!
The Prometheus Protocol 90 Day Challenge
Your mission, should you choose to accept it,
is to tack on the absolute most amount of clean muscle mass possible over the next ninety days following the Prometheus Protocol.Here are the rules, if you wish to compete for a shot at glory, fame, and a lifetime subscription to our SuperHero Development Program
along with a host of other goodies (listed below).1. Email me directly at HardstyleKettlebells@yahoo.com with the subject line of "Prometheus Challenge"
. Tell me your name and that you want to be a part of this challenge.2. Give me yo pics and yo stats - Not just taking anyone's "word" for it. You'll need to get into your skivvies and take some before pics.
One profile pic (that's from the side) and one frontal pic (thats from...well, the front). Sure, you can flex... don't be shy.... I will also need your current height and weight. If you have any questions about this, please make them known in the email.3. You must email my by Friday, April 13th to be eligible. As the official challenge will begin on Monday, April 16th.What the Winner Gets:
Why YOU Should Take the 90-Day Prometheus Challenge:Aside from the host of potential goodies that you can win, taking on this challenge will help you to commit towards success!
- A lifetime subscription to our SuperHero Development Program
- Our ENTIRE eBook collection
- The highly esteemed and incredibly rare Chronicles of Strength T-Shirt
- Free publicity! An entire blog post dedicated entirely to the winner and his/her success story, a link back to his/her site. Fame, glory, and life as a god-king!
Telling someone else that you are going to do something will suddenly and drastically amplify your motivation and level of commitment, do not underestimate the power of this when it comes to achieving your goals! We have put this challenge together for YOU
, and to ensure that you do put on the absolute most amount of muscle mass in the least amount of time possible
, so please take FULL advantage of this opportunity. Accountability is a rare thing these days, and we are offering it to you for FREE.Let the games begin!Please post any questions, comments, or concerns you may have in the comment section below. Or just leave some love :D
T-L Junction Whats Yer Function
Here's a two minute mobility drill used to assess/improve T-spine mobility and stability at your t-l junction. Enjoy and post any questions below!
You CAN put on size with kettlebells. There is no debate about that. But remember, the kettlebell is simply a tool. And in some cases, certain tools may be more effective than others. In a lot of cases, people are simply unable to realize this, which makes them a tool.
So what I’m going to present to you today, is the most effective and efficient way to put on size with kettlebells,if that is what you so desire.
And yes, it is possible to be effective while being inefficient and vice versa.
Effectiveness relates to doing the things that get you closer to your goals and efficiency is about performing a given task in the most economical manner possible (or putting forth the minimum time and effort required completing a given task. Remember the bare minimum rule?)
Don’t be the loser that is incredibly efficient at being ineffective. That’s just silly.
Now realize that when it comes to putting on size, just because you feel like you can do more doesn’t mean that you should! Too often, the biggest mistake that folks make when it comes to trying to add some mass onto their frame, is that they simply do too much. Remember, it’s not about how hard or how often you train, but rather how smart you train, and how efficiently and effectively you are able to recover.
With the Prometheus Protocol, we have undoubtedly subscribed to the “less is more” philosophy.
Except when it comes to eating; where more is certainly more. :)
Here is what you will need for the Prometheus protocol:
1. Two Relatively Heavy Kettlebells
2. 2 Days a Week to Dedicate to Training
3. Stock Options in Chipotle
The Prometheus Protocol may very well be the simplest program you will ever follow, as it requires you to train only 2 days a week. Need I remind you however that simple rarely equals easy?
When it comes to putting on size our goal is to elicit a maximal hormonal response (particularly growth hormone, testosterone, and IGF-1).
We will utilize two of the biggest compound kettlebell movements for this:
1. The Double Kettlebell Front Squat
2. The Double Kettlebell Clean and Press
Between these two movements, just about every single muscle group in your body will be taxed. Both of these exercises are exceptionally high in neuromuscular activation, and when loaded with an appropriate amount of weight, will indeed elicit quite a remarkable hormonal response.
The program itself as I mentioned earlier only has you training two days a week. DO NOT TRAIN ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF THE WEEK! Please allow for at least two days of rest in between each training session.
I do not care whether you perform your sets of front squats or double clean and press first, only that you complete the prescribed amount of sets and reps which are as follows:
Double Clean and Press – 10 sets x 5 reps @ 60-80% of your 1 rep max
Double Kettlebell Front Squat – 10 sets of 5 reps @ 60-80% of your 1 rep max
It’s no mystery that you need to move heavy weight around to put on size. But in order to achieve the best response for muscle hypertrophy we must use a tactical mix of volume, density, and intensity.
Here are the rules:
1. Rest periods between sets should be between 60-120 seconds
2. Use a weight that is between 60-80% of your one rep max. It goes without saying (except for the fact that I’m saying it…) that you should use the heaviest weight you possibly can so long as you are still able to hit the required of reps and keep your rest periods under 120 seconds.
3. If done correctly, each training session should take NO longer than 30-40 minutes.
Now let’s talk about food, because you are going to need a lot of it.
Now the goal of the Prometheus Protocol is to put clean size on you, not to make you an amorphous lard-ass. Follow these rules in order maximize muscle gain, and minimize fat gain.
1. Eat only low glycemic carbohydrate sources. You do not need insulin to be oozing out of your eyeballs and fingernails for you to put on size, only an adequate caloric surplus. And yes, even post workout you do not need simple carbs, as insulin is already at peak sensitivity. Your pancreas will thank you later. (Chipotle burrito bowls are my preferred weapon of choice - brown rice, black beans, chicken, salsa, cheese, and guacamole)
2. Consume a quick digesting protein source (such as whey protein) 30 minutes post workout, and then eat a meal of protein and carbs 60 minutes post workout to replenish muscle glycogen.
3. Eat often and to the point of discomfort. I’m not joking.
4. Fast once a week for 24 hours. Nothing but water, green tea, and/or black coffee. This will not only help to minimize fat gain and allow for an increase in both growth hormone pulse frequency and amplitude, but will also ensure that protein up-take doesn’t down-regulate.
Follow all of the rules that I have presented and I DARE YOU to NOT put on size with the Prometheus Protocol.
Please post any questions you may have in the comment section.
Two Minute To-Do Mobility Drill
We typically reserve the Two Minute To-Do drills for our newsletter subscribers(which if you aren't on our newsletter then you are missing out on a TON of great content - check out these seven SUPER COMPELLING reason to subscribe!
- you'll even get a free ebook out of it!), but this one I feel is of such worth that I just need to share it with everyone. The goal of this weeks Two Minute To-Do is to spend two minutes in the squat position practicing hip rotations. Below is the video. Enjoy. And please post any of your favorite hip mobility drills in the comment section below
The Cossack (or the long stretch) has long been one of my favorite mobilizers. As far as bang for your buck stretches go, it's hard to come by a movement more effective than the cossack stretch for opening up the hips and loosening up the posterior.
Enjoy this video we put together to help you improve your cossack stretch.
Self-Maintainence is a beautiful thing!
Kettlebell complexes are cool. But barbell complexes are cool too. Here's a balanced barbell/bodyweight complex to work into your routine.